- There have been 15 Stanley Cup Game Sevens
- The home team has won 12 of those 15 games (VAN +1)
- Vancouver has lost its only game 7 in 1994 to the Rangers (BOS +1)
- Tim Thomas has all but wrapped up the Conn Smythe Trophy for the Stanley Cup playoff's Most Valuable Player.
- The team that possesses the Conn Smythe Trophy Winner is 14-1 in game sevens (BOS +1)
- Vancouver is without at least two of its top six defencemen (Dan Hamhuis - injury and Aaron Rome - Suspension) and possibly a third with Alex Edler's game seven status still a mystery. (VAN -2.5)
- Boston will be without its offensive MVP Nathan Horton despite Horton Traveling with the team. (BOS -1.5)
- ...However Vancouver's spark plug, Mayson Raymond, received a compression fracture on his spine on an awkward, unpunished hit by Johnny Boychuk. The "Win one for Mason" campaign is on! (VAN +0.5)
Totals = Vancouver -1 Boston +0.5
What this means: Due to the low totals of both teams, game seven will not be game with end-to-end, odd-man-rush after odd-man-rush extravaganza, and the Bruins will benefit the most from that style because the game will be played mostly five-on-five, and no team is better than Boston at five-on-five hockey.
Prediction: BOSTON 2 VANCOUVER 1 with Boston adding an empty netter to make the FINAL SCORE BOSTON 3 VANCOUVER 1
I apologize to Boston fans in advance for raising their hopes because my predictions are backed by the strength of aluminum foil.
Disagree that Thomas has Conn Smythe wrapped up regardless. If Vancouver wins and Kessler has some part in it, he'll get the Conn Smythe. No way that the NHL would give the Conn Smythe to the loser when this would be Canada's first cup since 1993.ReplyDelete
It doesn't really matter who wins the Conn Smythe in that argument. Kesler and Thomas are both American. The Canadian nationalism doesn't gain any umph by knowing the Canucks' MVP comes from south of the border.ReplyDelete
2002/03: Jean-sebastien Giguere.ReplyDelete
Precedence for EXACTLY why Timmy will win the CS regardless if he wins or loses.
Hi there mates, how is all, and what you would like to say concerning this article, in my view its truly awesome in favor of me.ReplyDelete
Look at my web-site: 바카라사이트