- Tim Thomas "The Blank Engine" is the oldest Conn Smythe Trophy winner at age 37.
- ...He also faced the most shots in a single postseason (849).
- ...And had the most saves in a single postseason (798).
- ...And allowed the fewest goals in a seven game series (8). To put that in perspective, Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo allowed the same amount in one game!!!
- ...And had the lowest Goals Against Average (min. 5 games) at 1.15.
- ...And the highest save percentage (min. 5 games) at .967.
- ...And was the second goalie to have two game 7 shutouts in a single postseason (Patrick Roy in 2002).
- ...And is the second American-born player to win the Conn Smythe
- Boston was the first team to never trail by more than one goal.
- Brad Marchand was the first rookie to score multiple goals (2) in a Stanley Cup finals game 7.
- First time that a pair of teammates (Marchand and Bergeron) scored multiple goals in a Stanley Cup finals game 7.
- Mark Recchi is the only player on the Bruins who was alive when the Bruins last won the Stanley Cup.
- Boston is the first team to beat a Canada-based team in Canada in a game 7.
Records aside, this was a fantastic season and the NHL has many reasons to be proud. Congratulations to the Bruins and the city of Boston, the NEW TITLETOWN, USA.
That is a really good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info... Many thanks for sharing this one.A must read post!ReplyDelete
my website: 바카라사이트