Week 1 Record: 7-9
Season Record: 7-9
Week 2 Picks:
|Home Team||Away Team||Spread||SbG's Pick|
|Green Bay Packers||Chicago Bears||Green Bay (-6)||CHI|
|New York Giants||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||New York (-9)||TB|
|New England Patriots||Arizona Cardinals||New England (-14)||ARZ|
|Indianapolis Colts||Minnesota Vikings||Indianapolis (+1.5)||IND|
|Carolina Panthers||New Orleans Saints||New Orleans (-3)||NO|
|Buffalo Bills||Kansas City Chiefs||Buffalo (-3)||BUF|
|Philadelphia Eagles||Baltimore Ravens||Philadelphia (-3)||BAL|
|Miami Dolphins||Oakland Raiders||Miami (+3)||OAK|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Cleveland Browns||Cincinnati (-7)||CIN|
|Jacksonville Jaguars||Houston Texans||Jacksonville (+7.5)||HOU|
|Seattle Seahawks||Dallas Cowboys||Seattle (+3)||SEA|
|St. Louis Rams||Washington Redskins||St. Louis (+3)||STL|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||New York Jets||Pittsburgh (-6)||PIT|
|San Diego Chargers||Tennessee Titans||San Diego (-6)||TEN|
|San Francisco 49ers||Detroit Lions||San Fran (-7)||DET|
|Atlanta Falcons||Denver Broncos||Atlanta (-3)||ATL|
5 Slam Dunks:
Because very few people actually go to vegas and bet every game, every week, I decided to give you my five (T-Mobile style) and suggest the five picks in which I am the most confident (in order).
- Baltimore (+3) @ Philadelphia: Did I miss something last week? Did I not see Mike Vick and the Eagles struggle mightily against the Browns? Did I not see the Ravens tear apart what is a good Bengals team (playoff bound in any other division)? How on earth is Philly giving any points to a team that is quickly becoming the chic super bowl pick? Take the Ravens to win outright for the greater payout, but you can play if safe by having them cover the 3.
- New Orleans Saints (-3): Where the line failed to react with slam dunk #1, it is equally overreacting to this one. New Orleans is significantly better than Carolina. Throw in the fact that they need to win the game, and a blowout may be in order. Let's not forget that Drew Brees and co. are still really, really good.
- Houston (-7.5) @ Jacksonville: Blaine Gabbert had a great week last week, but that ends here. Houston's D under Wade Philips is a turnover-making machine, and it's getting better. J.J. Watt and the rest of the "Swatt Company" are going to wreak havoc on opposing offenses this season.
- Cincinnati (-7) vs. Cleveland: The Bengals are not a bad team, they just play in a really difficult division, but not because of the Browns. BrotherOfGotti thinks the Browns will never win a game this season after they failed to convert what was their "only chance" against the Eagles last week. I don't share the same sentiment about the Browns' total wins, but the Bengals will show everyone that they are a good team with a convincing victory at home.
- Detroit (+7) @ San Francisco: Detroit can still score. They'll have a tougher time against the best defense in the league in San Francisco, but the 49ers are not going to blow the Lions out. ***This pick is contingent that Calvin Johnson is healthy and plays.
Have fun enjoying week 2 starting tonight with a really entertaining game between the Bears and Packers that should be too close to call.