Does anyone else hear that sound? It's the winds of change, except for the Raiders, they still stink. Don't fret, Raiders fans, you can't lose this week! Unlike the Raiders, it was another profit week last week (9-6 and 3-2 on the dunks). With that being said, this week is TOUGH (like how it always is if you are a Raiders fan). There are a large number of games this week that I would not bet unless there was a gun to my head, with New Orleans (-3.5) vs. San Diego topping the list. I would tread lightly this week, for it was tough for me to even come up with five slam dunks. The theme of this week will be the "The Luck of the Raiders" for, in order for success, too many things have to go right, and most likely won't.
Week 5 Picks:
|Home Team||Away Team||Spread||SbG's pick|
|St. Louis Rams||Arizona Cardinals||St. Louis (+2)||STL|
|Washington Redskins||Atlanta Falcons||Washington (+3)||WSH|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||Philadelphia Eagles||Pittsburgh (-3.5)||PIT|
|Indianapolis Colts||Green Bay Packers||Indianapolis (+7)||GB|
|New York Giants||Cleveland Browns||New York (-9)||CLE|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Miami Dolphins||Cincinnati (-4)||CIN|
|Kansas City Chiefs||Baltimore Ravens||Kansas City (+6)||BAL|
|Carolina Panthers||Seattle Seahawks||Carolina (-3)||SEA|
|Jacksonville Jaguars||Chicago Bears||Jacksonville (+6)||CHI|
|Minnesota Vikings||Tennessee Titans||Minnesota (-6)||TEN|
|New England Patriots||Denver Broncos||New England (-7)||NE|
|San Francisco 49ers||Buffalo Bills||San Francisco (-10)||SF|
|New Orleans Saints||San Diego Chargers||New Orleans (-3.5)||NO|
|New York Jets||Houston Texans||New York (+9)||HOU|
Week 5 Slam Dunks:
- Pittsburgh Steelers(-3.5) vs. Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles are an enigma. They made me look pretty stupid in my slam dunks last week, but I'm going to pick against them again. The Steelers should take this game in convincing fashion for the following reasons: Troy Polamalu and James Harrison appear to be on track to start for the Steelers. Throw in the fact that the Steelers are coming off a bye week (and are at home) AND that the Eagles just came off a hard-fought division showdown, and it spells Steelers by approximately a TD. Steelers 22, Eagles 16.
- Houston Texans (-9) @ New York Jets: Does anyone else hear the Tebow Train coming? BrotherByGotti (@davegot) is one of the noisiest Tebow fanatics I have ever heard not named Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless). Unfortunately for them, that train will not arrive in the station early enough to prevent the Texans from POUNDING the Jets. Texans 38, Jets 9.
- Cleveland Browns (+9) @ New York Giants: By no means do I think that the Browns have a chance of winning this game. However, the Giants are mediocre against the spreads at home (5-5 dating back to last year), and nine points is a lot to give to a team that has a good defense. Throw in a decimated defensive backfield for the Giants, and the game should be more like a 5-7 point game. Giants 20, Browns 13.
- San Francisco (-10) vs. Buffalo Bills: Playing the 49ers after what has to have been a disappointing loss to the Patriots (losing 52-28 after being up 21-7 in the 3rd quarter) is not exactly a recipe for success. I don't see the Bills defense nutting up after giving up six straight TDs to Tom Brady's bunch. The only way the Bills cover is if the wind is whipping by the bay, causing no one to be able to throw or kick effectively. 49ers 30, Bills 16
- Cincinnati Bengals (-4) vs. Miami Dolphins: Andy Dalton has looked like a potential QB1 in fantasy football thanks to the brilliance of AJ Green and the emergence of Andrew Hawkins and Armon Binns at the WR position. As I said before the season started, if the Bengals were in any other division, they'd be a slam dunk to win more than 8 games, and possibly make the playoffs. This is one of those games where the AFC North shows its depth and quality. Bengals 31, Dolphins 17